And what better way to kick off December, than to firstly remind you that there are only 19 shopping days until Breastmas.
(Okay okay readers, I know we've been in this territory before, but it's been a rough few weeks so I need to ease myself back into the serious business of breast cancer blogging. Think of this blog post as a little bit of breast cancer brain candy if you will).
So if you're looking for that special something to share with the cancerous person in your life, well nothing says "Merry Breastmas I love you !" like one of these little gift items:
1. Breastmas Tree Ornaments. You can never have too many of these unique and tasteful beauties adorning your Breastmas tree as far as I'm concerned.
|Ornament Style 1|
I think this one works really well, especially if you're looking to tie in a bladder cancer theme as well in your Breastmas Tree trimming.
This is a nice addition to your Breastmas tree, especially if you're feeling nostalgic for all those needle sticks and chemotherapy. Note the lovely black and white etching of the tattoo hypodermic. Okay it would have been better if there was a picture of an IV pole attached to a port saying something like "Chemo For A Cure", but sadly that doesn't seem to exist. Yet. Ah, *sighs very loudly*, this one just makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over.
|Ornament Style 3|
In Breastmas Tree decorating, sometimes less is more. The design and message ? Simple, poignant and elegant. Nothing more needs to be said.
2. Earth-tone 3 in 1 Disease Control Concentrate. 75c from every purchase goes to support the fight against breast cancer ! Now before you go adding this to the Holiday Egg-Nog thinking I've managed to find a cancer cure in a bottle, it's disease control for plants. Not humans. But that's okay, the plants sickness is my gain. Yay for chemical concentrates and yay for breast cancer research !
|A Cure in A Bottle !|
Lucky Plants !
3. Breast Cancer Awareness Pet Clippers. I know it's kind of annoying and ironic that you're bald, but you have to give the dog a haircut. Don't worry, Fido will appreciate the fact that he's helping the cause. And if you feel a little peach fuzz coming in, just give yourself a once over as well. I just love a gift that does double duty. Don't you ?
|Note a bonus hat is included ! |
Great ! Cover your bald head whilst giving Fido a haircut.
4. Breast Cancer Awareness Balloon. Amaze your friends at chemotherapy and balloon-sculpt a pink ribbon for everyone. Fantastic fun for all ages and disease stages.
|What else can you make ? A pink giraffe ? |
A pink hat ? A huge pink sausage ?
5. Pink Ribbon Pepper Spray. Because even though you've had the misfortune of getting breast cancer, there's always the possibility of a violent crime being committed against you. Yes, you could really be that unlucky. Always be prepared, and show that perp who's boss, and who's aware of breast cancer.
|Also very useful when your oncologist starts to get on your nerves.....|
6. Pink Ribbon lighter. Now you too can remember those fighting breast cancer when you light up those cigarettes. And if you smoke a packet a day, think how many times you'll be aware of breast cancer. This is just the gift that keeps on giving.
|Or use it to spark up a boobie doobie. |
Perfect for the medical marijuana recipient in your life
If you have any other Breastmas gift ideas that you'd like to add to this list, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll feature over the coming weeks.